Background

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Boys I am Braving....


So I thought I should share a little about all of the boys in my life. My husband Scott is four years older than me and was born and raised in the area, as was I. I met him through mutual friends. I knew him for several years before we started dating, but when we did start I quickly knew that he was special. We were engaged in July 2004 and got married July 2, 2005. Scott has a son from his first marriage, Jordan who is 17.

Jordan is a senior in high school and is a typical teenager. He loves sports and can tell you the stats of any football player, past or present. He will graduate in May and is planning on attending a community college and then transferring to a four year school to receive his bachelors degree. After that he is hoping to attend law school. He adores Eli and Eli loves his "Jordy". Jordan is getting more interested in Ian now that he can hold his own head up, he is just unsure of babies! He really is a good big brother and I'm not sure what Eli will do when he doesn't see Jordan as often.

Scott and I started trying to conceive as soon as we were married, as I was almost 31 and he was almost 35. We found out that I was pregnant on August 27, just two days before Scott's birthday. I was so excited to be pregnant and really loved the experience. We chose not to find out if we were having a boy or girl and it drove everyone crazy! I developed pre-eclampsia and was put on bedrest for the last weeks of my pregnancy. I have a wonderful OB who monitired my situation very carefully, going to twice weekly non-stress tests and weekly OB visits. I was able to carry the baby to 38 weeks before having to be induced. I was induced early in the morning on April 29 and Eli was born early in the morning on April 30. He came home on our ten month wedding anniversary. I was so blessed and loved being a mommy. Eli has been such a joy and is a wonderful gift from God. He is so bright, it continually amazes us how quick he is. He is such a loving, kind and caring young man. He is very gentle with his little brother, but can be the orneriest thing around! He loves tractors (thanks to Grampy) and being outside. He spends a lot of time at my parent's farm and loves to help Grampy. He also likes to camp and boat and is still asking, even though we have snow on the ground, if we are going camping soon! He loves to read, in particular with his daddy. They read together every night in our room and if I enter the room, he will tell me to leave! I love that he loves books and that he wants daddy to read to him!

When Eli was six months old, we brought Joe in to our family. Joe is our nephew and needed a new home. He has mild mental retardation, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and he was a drug affected baby. When Joe first came to live with us he had a lot of behavioral issues and was struggling in school. Joe has grown so much in the last two years. His behavioral issues are almost non-existant (well, as non-existant as they can be for an eleven year old boy ;). He is a very loving and friendly young man. He is so helpful and just wants to be a part of everything. In June of 2007 we were granted permenant guardianship of Joe and he is here to stay!

We started to try to conceive again in April of 2007. I just assumed that I would get pregnant again quickly, as I had the first time around. It took us ten monthes to conceive Ian and it quickly became very trying. All of our family and friends were asking when we were going to have another baby, as they all new that I wanted to have more right away. I never thought that it would take ten cycles to become pregnant again. I finally got my posititve pregnancy test on Super Bowl Sunday (February 3,2008)! I was ecstatic! I again had a wonderful pregnancy, but I just couldn't get the thought of pre-eclampsia out of my head. I worried about it for several months and finally realized that if it happened, it happened, I would just have to deal with it. Again, we chose to not find out the gender of our baby. I was due with Ian on October 10, 2008. That day came and went. I was finally induced eight days after my due date and Ian was born October 18. He has been a true joy also. He is just staring to grab at things with his hands and realize all that is around him. I am sad that he is my last baby, so I am trying to embrace every little minute of it.

The Lord has truly blessed our family and we are so thankful for all of His gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment