Background

Friday, July 24, 2009

Ian's Nine Month Well Baby Visit

We had Ian's well baby visit today and now I have a lot weighing on my mind. First off, he actually lost weight from his six month visit and has dropped to the 10th percentile. At four months he was at the 75th percentile. The doctor doesn't want me to stress to much (easier said than done) and says that if he isn't up to the 25th percentile in October that we will have to figure out why he isn't gaining weight. In the next breath he said that many babies plateau around this time right before a growth spurt at around 12 months.
We talked about his "reaction" that he had while on amoxicillin and our doctor has agreed to try it again with a dye free medication. I am wanting to make sure that he is truly allergic to penicillin. Ian broke his eye teeth through a few days after the rash appeared and I want to try the dye free medication to rule out an allergy to the dye.
And last but not least, we have been referred to an optometrist. Ian's left eye is "medially deviating" (leaning inwards basically...a lazy eye). This was mentioned at our six month check with the decision to see if it corrected itself, but it hasn't, so next Wednesday we have an appointment with an optometrist. That should be fun... I can barely get the boy's diaper changed, so I can't even imagine the testing they are going to need to do!
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you have worries. I hope everything goes smoothly at the optometrist. Maybe he;ll surprise you and be an angel! :)

    ReplyDelete