Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Mommy Blog Award!
Carrie at Mama's Going to Buy You a Mockingbird nominated me for a Mommy of the Year Blog Award. Thanks Carrie! She has a son that is the same age as Eli and a daughter that is just a month younger than Ian, so I love checking out her blog to see what her little ones are doing!
Anyway, here is what the award entails:
Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!
Lately I have been terribly short with Eli and Joe. I am exhausted from Ian's sleeping issues and I am just so impatient with the boys. Eli has been terribly fussy lately, just whining and throwing fits and I have to admit that I am not very compassionate when he is whining and crying. I also think that Eli is missing having more attention, so I feel a bit guilty about him having to share my time and attention with another brother.
Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!
1. Eli is so smart and quick witted! I love listening to all that he has to say and just sit and look at him in awe at times.
2. I love how Joe is so willing to help. He always wants to be involved in what we are doing and constantly wants to help out.
3. Ian is such a fun baby. I love watching him watch his brothers and you can just tell that he is thinking "I can't wait to join them!".
4. I love that when Eli is tired he wants to sit with me and play with my ear. He has always done this to calm himself and it is just so sweet.
5. I love that you can see how much my boys love each other. They are always thinking about their brothers (if they get a special treat, they want to get one for the others too) and they truly care about each other.
6. I love that Eli loves to read. I love that he reads with his daddy. Every night they read together and it breaks Eli's heart when Scott isn't home to read with him.
7. I love that my kids are so inquisitive, even Ian. They watch people and things and ask questions and want to learn. I love watching them grow and learn.
Send this to five other Mom's of the year that deserve credit for being great moms and remind them that they are the best moms they can be!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you.
Audree - Red Earth Redhead
Amanda - Zoey's Mommy
Kaycee - Life As A Mom At 21
Shannon - Pigtails and Puppy Dogs
Jessica - Farm Fresh